Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Getting To Know Your Favorite Online SLPs [Linky Party]


Natalie Snyders is hosting a Getting to Know Your Favorite Online SLPs Linky Party! Yay! Thanks Natalie!




Who Am I?
I am Whitney Palyu and I live in Austin Texas with my husband and crazy dog, Turbo. We are expecting our first little kiddo, a baby boy, in early September!! We are excited, nervous and not exactly sure what we are getting ourselves into :)  I was born and raised in Canada, moved to Minot, North Dakota for my Bachelor's and then ended up in sunny El Paso, Texas for my Master's. I'm a long way from home but LOVE living in Austin working as a school-based SLP for the past 5 years!

What Do I Offer? 
My motto is  "Making your day, and your therapy, a little brighter!". My goal is to compile and create  quick, easy and fun therapy activities you can use with your entire caseload!  You can find a variety of thematic therapy activities here on my blog and on my Teachers Pay Teachers store. You can also follow me on Instagram @BrightIdeasSLP to follow my daily shenanigans!

My Dream Job?
My favorite population is the itty bitty preschoolers. I think my dream job would be a speech/language intensive preschool classroom! I would love to create a speech/language thematic curriculum focused on way too many crafts, stories, songs, and movement!

3 of My Favorite Things?
1. Tacos. I reeallly love tacos. Breakfast tacos, lunch tacos, dinner tacos, dessert tacos. All the tacos.
2. Family. Living far away from my family has only made me miss them even more! But I am beyond excited to start my new little Texan family.
3. Nature. Maybe it's growing up in the Canadian prairies that makes me enjoy every possible waking moment outside. I love kayaking, biking, hiking, walking, sitting outside, eating outside, drinking coffee outside and- well, I'm currently outside typing this as we speak....... see?

Who Else Should You Know?
Now this is a tough one. There are so many great SLPs out there on the interweb. One SLP you should definitely get to know is The Speech Owl. Go get her freebie No Print Pronouns! You won't be disappointed! 


Hope you enjoyed getting to learn a little bit more about me :)



15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! It was lots of fun :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad there are SLPs out there who enjoy preschoolers! ;)
    oldschoolspeech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love that Tacos made your top 3!!! (I love the too!) Congrats on the baby! I too love prek! I have a crazy pup too (Fannie the Boston Terrier!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, aren't tacos amazing??? Crazy pups are the best (for the most part!) Turbo is a Jack Russel Terrier/Chihuahua mix. CRAZY!

      Delete
  4. We just moved far away from family too! It's been hard, but we've enjoyed our new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, so you can totally relate! Facetime keeps me sane!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the baby, Whitney! I loved reading your post! Thanks for telling people to check out my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to meet you. I'm so glad that we have a way for SLPs to connect. My blog is at cathydelfino.com or on Facebook as speechstrategies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tacos? Yum! Congratulations on your soon to be arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the soon-to-be baby boy!! How exciting! :)
    Also, you should know that I'm about to devour some Taco Bell. Nom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the baby! Little boys are so sweet. My grandson is 9 months old and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete