Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bright Idea: Speech & Language Garden

Happy April Fools Day! There is no joking around when it comes to quick and easy therapy activities. I love coming up with something easy for me, fun for the kids and allows me to use it with almost my entire caseload! No foolin' around here!
This week I am working on a Speech & Language Garden... aka flowers on my bulletin board. It's so easy and provides many data collection opportunities.
Here's how it's done: You simply cut out circles for the middle of the flowers.. I went with yellow for a daisy theme. Next, freehand cut some petal shapes in the color of your choosing. Like so...

Finally, simply have your kiddos draw pictures, write sentences, or complete a task at whatever level they are at. For the articulation groups, I gave them target cards and told them to draw pictures/write the words. Then I went around the group to obtain data, and put their petals onto their respective flower.  I've arranged flowers by target sounds, language, social skills, categories etc. One group was working on identifying emotions, so we made an "Emotions" flower. 






If you are looking for gardening themed speech and language materials to use with your speech and language garden, here are ones I have been using:



Gardening Mega Unit (above two units combined, at a better price!)


Here is what the garden looks like after a couple groups. Can't wait to have the whole garden in bloom ;) 


Hope you are able to use this Bright Idea! Happy Spring! 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! It's sooo easy and the kids loved it! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete