Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sneak Peek Into Next Week: Olympic WInter Games



WELCOME TO THE 2014 EDITION OF THE SPEECH OLYMPICS!
Okay, I might be more excited about this than the kids. But seriously, who doesn't love the Olympics??!! For the Speech Olympics I plan on creating a "stations" type of therapy where my kiddos have three "sports" they must complete before the end of the 30 minute session. A timer will come in handy I'm sure!

Here are the three "events" I plan on using:


1. Speech Star Medals!  I found these quick & easy olympic-style medals craft HERE.  I have a few ideas about how to utilize these medals. First, for some of the kiddos working on articulation, I might have them write 5 words on their medal that they properly produce. Then, they can take them home to practice and show off to their parents!  Another way you could use these medals is to have the kiddos write what makes them a speech star; "working hard toward mastery of the /r/ sound" or something along those lines.

2. Torch Craft - Have your kiddos create their own torch with their articulation target words on the flames, or language concepts to describe on the flames. Specifically, I will have the word list from my Winter Sports Freebie at this station for the kiddos to find their articulation sound and go to town! For kiddos with expressive language goals, they can write the function, feature and class of winter olympic vocabulary words. This torch craft was found HERE!

3. Data Center - During the Olympic stations, the kiddos will at some point end up at my desk (wamp, wamp, wamp)... for a little drill session of their IEP goals and objectives. That way I can incorporate fun while obtaining data and working toward their goals.

I'm excited for this week and I hope my kiddos will enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment