Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

Bright Idea: White Board Markers

Update: 3/2/14 - Speech Time Fun is doing a "How do you use it?" Linky and I couldn't resist adding this recent post! Click HERE to see Speech Time Fun's Linky Party!


Ok, so I know this isn't exactly something new, per-say, but there are SO MANY WAYS you can use these wonderful things!

Some examples are:

1. Writing their name and speech words at their spot at the table..
 2. Taking data on the whiteboard and transferring it later.  (clearly Student # 2 knows whats up)
Usually I have the students take their own data on the board. They love this!  In fact, they request this most days, easy for me! Plus it makes them take ownership; win-win.
 3. Giving directions. I usually do this at the beginning of the session, which gives me some much needed last minute planning time while they complete their tasks.



 4. After we take data without cues, I have them write down words they are having difficulty with, then we practice them together.

5. I love using them to take data/have the children write all over laminated materials.


It easily wipes clean with a tissue or wet wipe!

The kids LOVE cleaning everything off at the end of the session! Either that or they were trying to earn speech bucks.... one of the two.


I hope you can share my love for these wonder-markers! So many uses, so little time.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up! Love the idea to write on the table!!

    ReplyDelete