Search This Blog

Friday, December 13, 2013

Bright Idea: We've Learned SNOW much!

Earlier this week I started "Learning Snowflakes" ( you can see the post, HERE). At the end of the session, the kiddos tell me what they've learned in speech that session, then we write it on a snowflake and put it up on the board. Easy enough right? Yep! Well if you know me personally, you know that I am a sucker for lame jokes/puns. Like roll on the floor until tears flow type sucker. So, I had to add a little Whitney touch to the board.


The best part is, it takes some higher level thinking for the kiddos to try and figure out what it means. When they walk in to my room, I direct their attention to the board and ask, why would I put SNOW much? Why is that funny? Is that funny?  Did I make a mistake? What does it sound like etc. etc.
It gets a good discussion going, thats for sure!


Happy Friday the 13th!



No comments:

Post a Comment