Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bright Idea: Speech Skeletons

Happy first day of October!!!!!! I saw this awesome idea for a skeleton craft at Rainbows Within Reach! I couldn't resist using them in therapy, I mean, come on. Skeletons? What a more perfect /s/ blend and multi-syllabic word!





I had the kiddos request their item in order to create their skeleton. Then, we came up with Halloween/Monster themed words containing their speech and and wrote them on their bones! For language kiddos, depending on their goals I had them write down (or I wrote down) answers to WH questions, had them describe a skeleton, some kiddos with fluency goals wrote fluency strategies on their bones, and my kiddos with social skills wrote down expected & unexpected behaviors while trick-or-treating.  The smiley speech skeletons were then hung out around the room. Lots of fun!

I also created a homework page you can use to send home to supplement basic speech and language skills. I sent this home with my preschool and kinder  and 1st grade friends.  The rest of the kiddos wrote down their target words/concepts to practice!


You can download the homework freebie at my TPT store HERE!

Hope you can use this simple and easy Skeleton craft bright idea in your speech room!


No comments:

Post a Comment