Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Speech Stations

At the end of last year, a teacher at my campus was giving away play money, which gave me the idea of creating "Speech Bucks". This concept is not new, but it was new to me, so I ran with it.  The Speech Bucks led to the idea of creating speech stations. These stations include a Speech Store and a Speech Bank, complete with Speech Wallets! I apologize in advance for the crappy iPhone pictures!

The Speech Bank includes Speech Wallets, which are laminated library pockets for the kids to keep their money. I created a spreadsheet with all of the kid's names, called the "Speech Savings Account" where I keep track of all of their amounts. I am on the hunt for a children's toy cash register to complete the speech bank! Donations of all kinds are accepted (kidding!).







The Speech Store includes tangible items such as small books, pencils, you know the usual "treasure box" items. However, I have also added some intangibles to the store for the kids to earn. Including, lunch with me (I felt a little strange doing this, but have already been met with a warm response from the kiddos!)  and earning a "speech party", which essentially means listening to music (quietly) and playing a speech-related game. Sneaky SLP, I am.







Here are the Speech Station used around my room if you are interested in creating your own little speech world!

No comments:

Post a Comment