Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bright Idea: Speech & Language Glow-in-the-dark Spaceships!

Good Morning! Today I wanted to share with you another easy space-themed therapy activity. I found this in my craft cabinet:

I was trying to think of a way to utilize this glow in the dark paint, to make a space-themed craft. Then I found some paper plates and thought, why not make "speech spaceships" that glow in the dark! I had the kiddos write target words for artic, describe their space ship/or what they saw while on their spaceship (with a lot of modeling) for the language kiddos. Here is an example below: 



Since this took the majority of the session, I sent the spaceships home with them to practice their words, sentences, and stories. Once they returned to me and I can tell they've practiced, they would earn some glow-in-the-dark paint to add to their spaceship! Here is an example of what it looks like, below:



The kiddos were motivated and some brought back their spaceships the next day, even though we didn't have therapy sessions; it's funny what motivates kids - mine are apparently motivated by glow-in-the-dark paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment