Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bright Idea: Under the Sea Articulation Craft - Fish Tank

Happy hump day!
As a school-based SLP I have frequent " oh gosh I have 5 minutes to plan therapy - What do I do?" moments. The kiddos ended up loving it, so I thought I would share it! I called it a "fish tank". All I did was take a large piece of white construction paper and some markers. I took the left side of the paper and folded it into the midline - then did the same for the right side. On the front I wrote a carrier phrase to fit into my Ocean Theme. Then, I opened up the pages and used the student's articulation target words as silly things to find under that water. The pictures below were from a preschool aged student that wanted me to draw the pictures for him. For my older kids we brainstormed ideas and wrote them on the board according to their sound. For the language kids, I gave them items and they had to add descriptive words, or use them in a grammatically correct sentence, depending on their IEP goals. I sent them home for the kiddos to practice at home.



Hopefully that helps you out when in need of a quick and easy therapy idea!



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this easy creative idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! I hope you're able to use it :)

      Delete
  2. What a simple, quick (YES!), and cute idea - thanks Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Quick and Easy activities are necessities in the school-based SLP's world!

      Delete