Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sneezy the Snowman

Growing up in Canada, winter lasted 3/4 of the year (kinda kidding). Now that I live in Texas I find myself missing getting all bundled up and going sledding, making snowmen and forts. I am assuming this longing for the cold is one of the reasons why I am using a Winter Wonderland theme for December and January. One of my favorite books to use in therapy during this time of year is Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright. You can find it here
To supplement this book I have created some articulation target cards from  the story. I divided them by sound: L and L blends, S and S blends, Vocalic R, R blends and Prevocalic R target words.  I plan on using them not only for articulation practice, but for print awareness too. Emergent readers can match them to the word in the story, since they are all found in the text.




You can download them for FREE, here :) Just because I like you.

Stay tuned for even more freebies from Sneezy the Snowman!



2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I'm so glad I came across your blog/TpT (courtesy of your post on Speech Room News). You have some really great therapy ideas! I'm the "wellmama" reviewer on a number of your TpT downloads. And now that I'm looking at this book "Sneezy the Snowman", I'm thinking that my colleague has it and she's on vacation... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete