Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bright Idea: Music in Therapy

Why hello there! I wanted to share with you how I use music and song in some of my therapy sessions. Let me start of this post with a disclaimer * I AM AN AWFUL SINGER *. There, I feel much better, now. Generally the music I use correlates with a literacy unit or monthly theme. My favorite songs are by the one, the only Charlotte Diamond. I can remember singing Charlotte Diamond songs back in pre-school so I was a little hesitant to use them in therapy. I tried using them my first year of working with my pre-school kiddos. Needless to say they request the songs nearly every time I walk in the door! You can find her CDs here.

Hope you can use her songs in your therapy sessions! There are also a lot of her songs on you tube to use in therapy sessions and to send home for parents to use at home!

Happy Singing!




No comments:

Post a Comment