Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bright Idea: Camping Theme


Oh, hey there! I used the theme of Camping for my August-September monthly theme. Living in heart of Texas, the Fall is the best time to go camping! At the onset of the month, I decorate my bulletin board in my storage closet therapy room and have the kids guess what the theme is going to be. For whatever reason, the kids love this part. PLUS they don't realize they are inferencing! That's a win in my books.  Oh, I should also mention that I am not the least bit artistic, so please do not judge me based on my lack of artistic ability. Here was my bulletin board for camping:

Nothing too fancy, but the kids were engaged. At the end of the month, we made paper fireflies with either their speech sounds or language-related goals on them and we put them on the sky. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of this (oops), but you get the idea. I like to always add something to my board at the end of the month. Basically, I do the same thing with all of the kiddos that week, but with their own goals being targeted. Its an easy way for data collection and the kids always try to figure out what our month-end activity will be!

In terms of homework related to the camping theme, I created my own weekly general articulation and language pages. 

Find my Articulation Weekly Homework here

Find my Language Weekly Homework  here

Here is a "Who Am I" Inferencing Homework here


Hope you enjoyed this bright idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment